The Fells, Great North Road, Chester-le-Street, Co Durham, DH2 3NL
To coordinate project activities in conjunction with the weekly timetable
- To assist the support staff in designing meaningful activities for groups to participate in
- Responsible for generating, motivation, enthusiasm to encourage Service Users to participate in meaningful activities
- Sharing information appropriately – e.g. briefing the service users on activities.
- Attend supervise and participate in activities.
- Offer individuals the opportunity to develop their skills in meaningful activities, and support them throughout.
- Signpost clients to other appropriate services as needed
- Assist with planning and organizing activities for the group. To encourage and discuss suggestions for activities and to support clients in putting their ideas into practice
- To encourage and support clients to access other community based resources as appropriate
- Welcome new group members and encourage existing members to do the same
- To be involved in keeping appropriate records
Skills, experience and abilities:
- Good listening, coaching or mentoring skills
- Clerical / administrative skills
- Numeracy / financial skills/ IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Seek to understand the needs of people with addictions problems
- To have an understanding of social exclusion
- Ability to supervise groups
- Good listening skills and able to support people when they are in distress, knowing when to refer people on to other staff/agencies
- Ability to support people in achieving their goals
- Ability to signpost people to other services where appropriate
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to respond to client’s needs
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- To have a strong commitment to Equal Opportunities
6 hours per week, morning or afternoon, sessions from 9.00 -12.00 /1.00 – 4.00 pm available
To find out more, or to apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.