Elliott House, 4 Bentinck Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE4 6US
We are a Specialist Service delivered by Changing Lives, to support Vulnerable Adults within the City to enable them to secure and maintain tenancies and reduce homelessness. We support individuals and families within their own homes. We offer brief intervention up to 6 weeks. Longer term support can also be offered if required.
- Help to maintain a tenancy including tenants’ rights and responsibilities or providing help to find suitable accommodation
- Help to understand benefit changes and claim their full benefit entitlement
- Develop money management skills, negotiate with debtors and consolidate debts
- Help to avoid eviction and homelessness
- Identify training, education, job or volunteer opportunities
- Make referrals to access other specialist services
Skills, experience and abilities
- Good communication and listening skills
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills, and ability to adopt a highly flexible approach to supporting colleagues in achieving the organisation’s objectives
- A non-judgemental and flexible attitude towards people with diverse issues
- To maintain a level of professionalism at all times.
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives including confidentiality and professional boundaries
Monday to Friday, 2-3 days per week
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.