Either South Tyneside or Sunderland
To volunteer with the Homeless Response Service, supporting individuals out in the community, making referrals and contacting private landlords. Supporting workers to actively engage individuals to address their issues in their own homes. Finally updating systems.
- Look for appropriate accommodation.
- To have a coffee, chat, food with individuals and gain a deeper understanding of their issues.
- Attend appropriate appointments with individuals such as benefits, hospital, GP, etc.
- Complete all relevant paperwork required.
- Liaise with named Assertive Outreach worker on a daily basis.
- Possibly take part in organised rough sleeper count – on rare occasions during the winter months
Skills, experience and abilities
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Commitment to supporting the needs of this vulnerable section of the community.
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to this section of society.
- To manage appropriate boundaries in the professional relationship.
- Reliable, organised, consistent, and have an ability to handle a certain degree of stress.
- A caring, empathetic, sensitive manner and a non-judgmental person centred approach.
To support Monday to Friday between 9am till 4pm( On occasions to support in community in early hours)
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.