The Old Fire Station, 2-4 Princes Louise Street, Blyth, NE24 2EH
This role will allow us to expand our holistic approach to the residents’ wellbeing. It is aimed to provide information and advice to clients and deliver some group sessions.
- Helping with 1-2-1 advice and support sessions
- Supporting with administration duties
- Making phone calls for clients
- Supporting clients and taking them to appointments outside the accommodation
- Organising group work and run activities
- Encouraging residents to actively participate
- Running all activities giving regard to residents’ safety, comfort and enjoyment. Group events may include craft classes, cooking classes, walks, fishing, trips, DIY, drawing, budgeting training etc.
- Operating within Changing Lives core values of respect, tolerance and acceptance
- Ensuring that suitable confidentiality and data protection procedures are followed at all times.
Skills, experience and abilities
- Good communication and active listening skills
- Deal with people from different backgrounds in an impartial and courteous manner
- Reliability and flexibility and a non-judgmental attitude
- Empathy with those in need and distress
- Able to work with residents to ensure they have fulfilling lives
- Enjoys working effectively as part of a small team
- Understanding of confidentiality and boundaries issues
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives
Monday to Friday, 1-2 days per week for 2 hours between 10.00am and 3.00pm. We are very keen on involving volunteers over the weekend as well as clients have no appointments and have more time to take part in activities
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU
0191 481 3695.