Changing Lives, City Road Drop-in, 1-3 City Road, Newcastle, NE1 2AF
We are looking for confident and friendly volunteers to support the staff at our Rough Sleeper Drop-in where we provide shower and laundry facilities and hot meals to people who are sleeping rough in Newcastle.
- Support staff with various roles within the Drop-in including supporting clients to appointments, liaising with other agencies and preparing hot food
- Engaging with service users to develop and maintain good working relationships
Skills, experience and abilities
- Enthusiastic and confident
- Friendly and approachable manner, and a good sense of humour
- Able to work as part of a team with good communication and listening skills
- Open-minded, with a non-judgemental approach to homelessness and addiction.
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality
Daily 8.00 am – 12.00 pm (can be flexible).
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit 13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.