The Fells, Great North Road, Chester-le-Street, Co Durham, DH2 3NL
Van Driver Volunteer will use charities’ van and assist in helping residents to go to day trips and collecting donations from people’s homes.
- Assist in helping residents to go for day trips
- Collect donated items from people’s homes in a timely and safely manner working in cooperation with project manager
- Assist in maintaining vehicles to a serviceable standard by promptly reporting any suspected defects
- Follow all safety regulations and precautions
- Enforce safety procedures within the van, such as the use of seat belts and prohibiting smoking
- Represent Changing Lives in a courteous, professional and considerate manner at all times
Skills, experience and abilities:
- Confidence and experience driving medium sized vans is desirable.
- Good communications skills
- An ability to work with people in a flexible and efficient manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Awareness of collection routes so that they may be cost effective to minimise fuel costs
- The ability to use your own initiative and work unsupervised
- Positive attitude, to be energetic and patient
- Drive with the utmost safety and care to minimise the risk of road traffic accidents and hazards
- Empathy with a client group
Ad hoc, as required / available
To find out more, or to apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.