Gateshead Charity Shop – 41 Jackson Street, Gateshead, NE8 1EE
Van Driver Volunteers will use charities’ van and assist in collecting items from people’s homes.
- Deliver/collect goods working in cooperation with shop manager and volunteers
- Carry out delivery and collection of goods in a timely and safe manner
- Deliver/collect donated items from people’s homes
- Assist in maintaining vehicles to a serviceable standard by promptly reporting any suspected defects
- To represent Changing Lives in a courteous, professional and considerate manner at all times
Skills, experience and abilities
- Need to be a confident driver
- Good communications skills
- Awareness of delivery/collection routes so that they may be cost effective to minimise fuel costs
- The ability to use your own initiative and work unsupervised
- Be aware of fire safety and health & safety procedures (via line manager)
- Confidence and experience driving medium sized vans is desirable.
- An ability to work with people in a flexible and efficient manner.
- Good map reading skills and/or ability to use a Satnav system
We would like your help for as much time as you can give from Monday to Saturday between 9am and 5.00pm
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.