Changing Lives, Doncaster Women’s Centre, 21 Cleveland street, Doncaster DN1 3EH
- To provide one to one counselling to women within a Women’s Centre, where up to 8 sessions are offered.
- To work within the ethical framework and quality standards of BACP.
- To maintain appropriate client records in line with professional standards and data protection.
- To participate in regular individual line management with Changing Lives Counsellor.
- To participate in and fund external/internal clinical supervision (A minimum of 1.5 hours per month).
- To attend quarterly counselling team meetings, usually held on a Sunday morning.
- To participate in training activities and continual personal development as identified in consultation with your line manager.
Skills, experience and abilities
- Qualified counsellors: at least a minimum diploma in counselling
- Student counsellors: to be working towards at least a Diploma in counselling, on the final year of their diploma
- An adequate awareness of the therapeutic needs and issues that affect women; including physical abuse, sexual abuse, self-harming, suicide and mental health
- Knowledge around Child Protection and Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Able to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients, staff and other professionals
- Ability to take a non-judgemental approach
- A good level of computer literacy skills – Microsoft Word, internal databases, Outlook
- Understanding of confidentiality in a counselling setting.
- Support work with women would be advantageous.
- Please refer to other counselling/support work/personal experience transferrable to working with women with mild to moderate mental health needs within a women’s centre
3 – 4 counselling sessions per week, preferably a Tuesday, Thursday or Friday (morning/afternoon) Please let us know about counselling course undertaken/currently undertaking (training establishment, course level and name, counselling approach, course completion date or expected to complete).
To find out more, or to apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.