The Fells, Great North Road, Chester-le-Street, Co Durham, DH2 3NL
We would like to help our residents to make a variety of items out of wood, using our variety of tools which we have available at our project. By helping residents to safely acquire woodwork skills and knowledge they can increase their opportunities for paid and voluntary work in the community.
- Support residents to develop their confidence in woodworking
- Organise sessions in wood recycling, furniture restoration and creating a range of timber products
- To support clients of varying abilities one to one and in small groups
- Provide instruction and guidance rather than hands on support wherever possible so that residents have the opportunity to do as much as they possibly can for themselves
- Supervision of individuals and small groups
- Ensure all aspects of health and safety are followed
Skills, experience and abilities:
- Able to develop good working relationships and communicate effectively
- Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others, using common sense to maintain a safe working environment.
- Able to work in a team with people of wide ranging ages and abilities.
- A keen interest in woodwork and experience and knowledge of woodworking and using woodworking tools
- Friendly, flexible, reliable, with a sense of humour.
- Supportive, enthusiastic, honest and committed
- Empathy with Changing Lives values
Monday to Friday 10.00 – 4.00
To find out more, or to apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.