Earlier this year, Avery Dennison granted Changing Lives £4240. Avery Dennison are a leading global manufacturer of printable labels and cards for the home and office and have support Changing Lives for several years.
To allocate the funding Changing Lives received, the Fundraising Team asked our projects from across the country to apply for the fund by submitting a short 500 word application. These were then sent to our Board Members, Catherine and Steve to make the decision. Out of the nine applications they received, seven were awarded funding which is incredible. Here is a brief breakdown of what the money has funded:
- Three beds and mattresses for women who are supported through our GAP Services. Plus an additional wardrobe too.
- Clothing, bed, mattress and wardrobe for a woman supported through our GAP Services.
- GAP and Map Service to provide complimentary therapies such as Reiki and Capacitar and beauty therapies such as eyebrow treading. A member of staff will be trained in each of these who can then relay this back to the team, then educate, and support women in our services in using them.
- Maternity clothing for a woman access our GAP services.
- For clothing such as clean underwear, socks and leggings and mobile phones for the women we support at our project in Wolverhampton.
- Installation of network for digital inclusion and a tablet at our new accommodation service in Northumberland. The aim is to build self-confidence, raise skill levels, enable interaction with support groups, reconnect with families, reduce loneliness and re-offending, and improve health and well-being.
- New lighting and signs in the charity shop plus a mobile phone to take photographs for the online shop to help attract additional and new customers and therefore increase revenue.
“It sounds daft but I am just so so happy that I got the funding for this bed. When you have so little and have been struggling with money for a while, even something basic like a bed can change a lot. I can’t wait to have the kids stay over and know that they will be comfortable and get a good rest.”
“Without your support, I wouldn’t have been unable to buy myself maternity clothing for throughout my pregnancy. Thank you so much.”
Thank you again to Avery Dennison in Cramlington.
Together, we are Changing Lives.