Housing and Homelessness
Introduction to Service
At our site in Gateshead residents have their own room, with access to communal facilities. Support is available on-site 24-hours a day, to help residents with day-to-day living and the development of confidence and skills for independent living at their own pace.
We aim to signpost people to help them with whatever issues they may be facing. These issues can be wide-ranging and may include drug and alcohol misuse, gambling, debts including previous rent arrears, relationship breakdowns and mental health issues.
People can live at Gifford House for up to two years, during which time we will try to encourage getting involved with training and preparation for employment.
- Accommodation with 24/7 support
- Workshops for developing life skills
- Education on addiction, recovery and health
- Support plans including goals/actions
- Client-led activities including cycling, gym work and football
- Assistance with benefit issues
- Floating support for up to two years upon positive move to own home
How to access
Referral only. Potential residents must be referred to this service by Gateshead Council Homeless Options team.
How to contact
Please get in touch using the contact details below.
0191 478 3931
Are you eligible?
At Gifford House we support men aged 18 and over who are living in the Gateshead area.