Organising your own walking event
Doing a walking challenge for Changing Lives is a great way to keep healthy, enjoy the outdoors, and support people experiencing the most challenging of circumstances. Here are a few steps to plan your walking fundraiser
- Let us know when and where you are doing your sponsored run. We will support you throughout and provide you with any materials you need such as a Changing Lives t-shirt to walk in.
- Choose a date(s)- Whether you choose to do your walk on one day or spread it out over a period of time. Just make sure you leave plenty of time for training.
- Choose a route- Visit websites such as Kamoot, All Trails or National Trails for helpful info and an easy way to plan running route.
- Get your team together- doing a team walk can not only be more fun but also safer. Plus, the bigger your team is, the bigger your network of fundraising support will be!
- Set up your fundraising page- start gathering that vital fundraising by setting up a Just Giving page
- Download your sponsorship form here – get those offline donations started.
If you are planning a larger walking event, please get in touch with our fundraising team so we can support you to organise it safely.