Volunteer Activities Organiser’s role will allow us to expand our holistic approach to the residents’ wellbeing. Types of activities that may be developed are: games, arts and crafts or social activities.
- Identify resident’s aspirations and gather information around their hobbies and interests.
- Provide a varied and flexible approach to activities according to needs of residents at the time.
- Encourage residents to increase their social friendships through community groups.
- Help to organise and run activities with residents
- Encourage residents to actively participate
- Work with the services users using a group activity approach
- Assist service users to gain a good knowledge of local transport.
- To have a coffee, chat, food with service users and gain an understanding of issues and barriers faced by service users trying to access community groups and sustain these links.
- Work alongside activity coordinators and support them with motivating residents to engage with the activities.
Skills, experience and abilities
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Commitment to supporting the needs of resident group
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to the resident group
- To manage appropriate boundaries in the relationship
- Reliable, confident, consistent in support of activities and contact with service user.
- A caring, sympathetic, sensitive manner and a non judgmental approach
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Sense of fun and ideas for things to do
Availability across 7 days would be preferred dependent on activity and programme facilitated
For more information please contact: Don Owen, Don.Owen@changing-lives.org.uk, Tel:01928 591680
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email: email@example.com