To coordinate project activities in conjunction with the weekly timetable.
- To assist the support staff in designing meaningful activities for groups to participate in
- To be responsible for generating, motivation, enthusiasm to encourage people we support to participate in meaningful activities
- To share information appropriately – e.g. briefing the service users on activities.
- To offer individuals the opportunity to develop their skills in meaningful activities, and support them throughout.
- To assist with planning and organizing activities for the group. To encourage and discuss suggestions for activities and to support clients in putting their ideas into practice
- To encourage and support clients to access other community based resources as appropriate
- To welcome new group members and encourage existing members to do the same
- To be involved in keeping appropriate records
Skills, experience and abilities
- Good verbal, listening, coaching or mentoring skill
- Seek to understand the needs of people with addictions problems
- To have an understanding of social exclusion
- Ability to supervise groups
- Ability to support people in achieving their goals
- Ability to signpost people to other services where appropriate
- Ability to respond to client’s needs
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- To have a strong commitment to Equal Opportunities
6 hours per week, morning or afternoon, sessions from 9.00 -12.00 /1.00 – 4.00 pm available
To find out more about the role please contact Clare Knox, Project Manager, : 07923 214858 or 0191 371 0541, Clare.Knox@changing-lives.org.uk
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email : email@example.com