Volunteer Activities Organiser’s role will allow us to expand our holistic approach to the residents’ well-being. Types of activities that may be developed are: games, arts and crafts or social activities.
- Identify client’s aspirations and gather information around their hobbies and interests.
- Encourage clients to increase their social friendships through community groups.
- Help to organise and run activities with residents
- Encourage residents to actively participate
- Work on a one to one basis with the services users to access groups and activities in the local community
- Assist service users to gain a good knowledge of local transport.
- To have a coffee, chat, food with service users and gain an understanding of issues and barriers faced by service users trying to access community groups and sustain these links.
- Work alongside activity coordinators and support them with motivating clients to engage with the activities.
Skills, experience and abilities
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Commitment to supporting the needs of client group
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to the client group
- To manage appropriate boundaries in the relationship
- Reliable, confident, consistent in support of activities and contact with service user
- A caring, sympathetic, sensitive manner and a non judgmental approach
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Sense of fun and ideas for things to do
Week day and/or weekend, to be agreed.
For further information about this role please contact Lyndsay Sholder, Project Lead, E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: 0191 2260046
To apply please contact: Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU