Due to the pandemic, many of the people we support have expressed that they are feeling bored and lonely. We want to offer fun activities to the people we support that they can do virtually with a befriender (via Teams).We need volunteers to coordinate project activities in conjunction with the weekly timetable.
- Calling a person or people we support on a weekly/fortnightly basis.
- Encouraging the resident’s interests and connection to hobbies through doing them and chatting about them together.
- Keeping a log of each phone call and reporting back to project staff.
- Assisting the support staff in designing meaningful activities for groups to participate in
- Offering individuals the opportunity to develop their skills in meaningful activities, and support them throughout.
- Signposting clients to other appropriate services as needed
- Assisting with planning and organizing activities for the group. To encourage and discuss suggestions for activities and to support clients in putting their ideas into practice
- Encouraging and supporting clients to access other community based resources as appropriate
Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Good listening, coaching or mentoring skills
- To have an understanding of social exclusion
- Good listening skills and able to support people when they are in distress, knowing when to refer people on to other staff/agencies
- Ability to support people in achieving their goals
- Ability to signpost people to other services where appropriate
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Have a telephone or a computer/pad that can make either voice calls or video calls, that you are willing to use
Expected Hours and Times
Monday to Friday. Flexible, to be discussed
For more information please contact Tayo Ashby, firstname.lastname@example.org , M: 07851 253025
To apply please contact Sead Masic Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, E: email@example.com