At North Tyneside Recovery Partnership we have an allotment that we can use to grow vegetables. The gardens have been neglected and it would be a great project that can be started from the beginning and to see the results over a period of time.
- General garden maintenance tasks including grass cutting/trimming, weeding, hedge trimming, basic landscaping and plant propagation.
- Clearing overgrown areas
- Setting up tools and equipment and ensure the smooth day to day running of the allotment.
- Promoting and ensuring good Health and Safety at the allotment by being aware of policies and procedures and reporting or dealing with any hazards or concerns.
- Interacting and building relationships with the people who attend the allotment, as well as creating a safe and supportive by providing them with support and encouragement to participate in the allotment activities.
- Supporting people who attend the allotment to increase their gardening skills and knowledge, support people to promote environmental sustainability and green issues.
Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Interest in Horticulture / Gardening
- Able to develop good working relationships and communicate effectively
- Approachable – have positive attitude where staff and management feel at ease to approach and discuss in a constructive manner.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others, using common sense to maintain a safe working environment.
- Able to work in a team with people of wide ranging ages and abilities.
- Self-motivated, committed and flexible
- Empathy with Changing Lives values and environment
Expected Hours and Times
Monday to Friday 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
For further information about this role, please contact Angela Purvis, Employment Coach/ Placement Programme Coordinator, telephone 0191 240 8122 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU.