To work alongside a staff member to facilitate a therapeutic art group for people in recovery from drug and alcohol addictions, and who have experienced homelessness.
- To help a member of staff to deliver arts and crafts to people we support identify their aspirations and gather information around their hobbies and interests
- To help to create specific articles for events such as banners
- To help clients create art work for display around the building
- To deliver mindfulness sessions
- To occasionally help with operating the office phone and the door intercom service.
Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Basic knowledge about homelessness, addiction and recovery is desirable.
- Friendly, outgoing and non-judgemental manner
- Knowledge and skills around art and crafts
- Willing to learn and follow policies and procedures appropriate to the role, and to do required training.
- Experience of supporting people who are vulnerable / excluded
Expected Hours and Times
Saturday to Sunday between 10.00 – 4.00. Days/times to suit.
Open to female volunteers only, over the age of 18
For further information please contact Julie Blench on 07712325814, email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please contact Sead Masic Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, E: email@example.com