To support the red umbrella team, working with women who are sex working or at risk of sexual exploitation within the community. Providing outreach support, 1-2-1 engagement and group work, and holistic support including supporting clients with multiple and complex needs.
- Support service users 1-2-1 and at drop-ins
- Accompany to other partnership service appointments around health and wellbeing
- Advocate on behalf of the client
- Participate in therapeutic / creative interventions such as crafts and social opportunities.
- To have a coffee, chat, food with service users and gain a deeper understanding of their issues.
- Complete all relevant paperwork
- Liaise with red umbrella service manager on a daily basis.
- Take part in night outreach
- Liaise with partnership agencies
Skills, Experience and Abilities
Due to the complex and sensitive nature of the work in our projects, we will use a short, informal interview to help us explore whether this opportunity is a good fit for new volunteers.
- Experience and/or knowledge of working with individuals with multiple and complex needs
- Good listening and communication skills
- Commitment to supporting the needs of client group
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to the client group
- Ability to manage appropriate boundaries in the relationship
- Reliable, organised, consistent, and have an ability to handle a level of stress
- A caring, sympathetic, sensitive manner and a non judgmental approach
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Professional conduct
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be a team player
Expected Hours and Times
To support evening outreach between 7:30pm and 11:30pm with a minimum of 1 session a week (to ensure maximum personal development and client support)
With opportunities to support our daytime activities depending on availability and need of the clients.
Open to female volunteers only, over the age of 18
For more information about the role please contact Rachel Fowler on 07885458978 or email email@example.com
To apply please contact Sead Masic Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, E: firstname.lastname@example.org