Changing Lives supports people who are experiencing a range of disadvantages including homelessness, addiction, poverty and social exclusion and we aim to enable them to build better futures. We are looking for bilingual volunteers who will help us support our Farsi and Portuguese speaking clients.
- Support individuals by talking, chatting with them on a regular basis
- Assist people we support to improve their English language skills
- Offering time to discuss hobbies and interest
- Sharing information on local wellbeing resources
Skills, experience and abilities
- Fluency in speaking Farsi or Portuguese
- Ability to inspire and support the people you are talking to
- A good listener, empathetic and able to relate to people from backgrounds and experiences
- Friendly, flexible, reliable, with a sense of humour
- Open-minded, with a non-judgemental approach to homelessness, addiction and recovery A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
Project is open 7 days per week. Volunteering days and hours to be agreed at informal chat.
Volunteers over the age of 18 years. Appointment subject to satisfactory DBS check.
For more information please contact Alan Hodgson, Project Lead, Alan.Hodgson@changing-lives.org.uk
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org