We need volunteers to deliver our food to charities across the North East such as children’s clubs, community centres, homeless hostels and refuges. We’ve got the vans, we just need you!
- You will be the vital link between us and the charities, getting the food to where it’s needed
- Dropping off the weekly orders of food at local charities and collecting surplus from local food businesses with the help of a Driver’s Assistant
- You’ll be the friendly face of FareShare interacting with the charities, making sure they get the food they need
- Working with other volunteers to load up the van with daily deliveries before you head out
Skills, experience and abilities
- A standard driving license
- Confident to drive a medium-sized van (experience is preferable)
- Good at map reading and able to use a Sat Nav system
- Positive, friendly and personable, able to interact well with different people
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
- Adaptable – managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day routes and drop off points can vary
Over 21 years of age. Our warehouse is open Monday to Friday 07:00 – 16:00, times and dates can be flexible depending on your availability.
For further information about this role please contact Rebecca Ball, Volunteer and Employability Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07891 537639
To apply please contact: Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU