As a volunteer drop-in facilitator you will be required to actively support colleagues to run groups and drop-ins. You will also be responsible for encouraging and helping those who use our service to feel safe and welcomed within our group setting.
- Support service users at a drop-in
- Support staff to create a safe welcoming environment
- Participate and develop in therapeutic/creative interventions such as crafts and social opportunities ensuring equal opportunities of programs, activities and social outings.
- Complete any relevant paperwork
- Be able to refer potential clients to our services and external services
- Liaise with Development Worker and relevant partners
Skills, experience and abilities
- Good listening and communication skills
- Commitment to supporting the needs of client group on a weekly basis
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to the client group
- To manage appropriate boundaries in the relationship
- Reliable, organized, consistent, and have an ability to handle a level of stress
- A caring, sympathetic, sensitive manner and a non-judgmental approach
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
Female volunteer over the age of 18. To support every Wednesday 12.00-3.00 pm. We will do our best to repay your efforts with investment and training in your personal development.
To find out more about the role please contact Debra Cowey, Project Manager GAP/ MAP
M: 07812663849, email@example.com
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. T: 01914813695
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org