Changing Lives supports people who are experiencing a range of disadvantages including homelessness, addiction, poverty and social exclusion and we aim to enable them to build better futures. We are looking for a volunteer tutor to hold English and Mathematics sessions which will assist people we support to brush up their skills. This opportunity may be ideal for a retired teacher, a part-time professional or other suitably experienced volunteers.
- Assist people we support to develop their confidence in English and/or Mathematics
- Support individuals or groups to get the most out of their learning
- Organise and deliver sessions on a regular basis
- Supervise people of varying abilities, both one to one and in small groups
- Improve self-esteem and English and Maths knowledge of people we support
Skills, experience and abilities
- Ability to inspire and support the people you are tutoring
- A desire to help people to succeed
- Friendly, flexible, reliable, with a sense of humour
- Able to develop good working relationships and communicate effectively
- Able to work with people of wide ranging ages and abilities
- Open-minded, with a non-judgemental approach to homelessness, addiction and recovery
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
Project is open 7 days per week. Volunteering days and hours to be agreed at informal chat
Other relevant information
Volunteers over the age of 18. Appointment subject to satisfactory DBS check.
For more information, please contact Sharon Brown, E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0191 371 0541.
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email: email@example.com