The purpose of the role is to work in partnership with South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue.
- To talk to friends and family
- To deliver workshops in the community
- To work around the 10 top tips on how to keep a home safe from fires
- To check if they would need any assistance on receiving a Home Safety Check from the South Yorkshire fire officers, including arranging for free smoke detectors if needed
- To report back to Changing Lives’ Manager
Skills, experience and abilities
- Friendly and approachable manner, and a good sense of humour
- Able to work as part of a team with good written and verbal communication and listening skills
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- Reliable, responsible, trustworthy, well-organised, punctual, and flexible
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality
Up to 5 hours a month
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.