Union Terrace is a service within the charity Changing Lives which supports individuals with housing needs. As a Food Service Volunteer, you will assist staff in serving meals and cleaning up over the busy dinner shift.
- Serve food
- Assist with cleaning up at the end of service
- Offer informal support to the residents and be a friendly, regular face within the hostel
Skills, experience and abilities
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Open-minded with a non-judgemental approach to addiction, homelessness and recovery
- Reliable, organised and able to keep calm under pressure
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives including a commitment to confidentiality
- A good sense of humour
- Ex-service users must have been out of treatment for a minimum of 12 months
Saturday evenings 17:30-19:30.
For more information about the role please contact Emily Elvin on 01904 464680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU Email: email@example.com