The Fells has a large conservation area on site that requires ongoing upkeep and development, as well as an allotment that we use to grow vegetables. We are seeking a volunteer to assist our staff and residents with the gardening tasks.
- General garden maintenance tasks including grass cutting/trimming, weeding, hedge trimming, basic landscaping and plant propagation
- Clearing overgrown areas
- Helping with our allotment and conservation area
- To motivate, encourage and support residents to take part in gardening activities
Skills, experience and abilities
- Interest in Horticulture/Gardening
- Self-motivated, committed and flexible, with ability to listen and follow instructions
- Able to develop good working relationships and to communicate effectively
- Able to work in a team with people of wide ranging ages and abilities.
- Ability to work safely without endangering yourself or others, following health and safety requirements to maintain a hazard free environment
- Open minded, with a non-judgemental approach to homelessness, addiction and recovery
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
Project is open 7 days per week. Volunteering days and hours to be agreed at informal chat
Other relevant information
Volunteers over the age of 18. Appointment subject to satisfactory DBS check.
For more information, please contact Sharon Brown, E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0191 371 0541.
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email: email@example.com