Across Northumberland and North Tyneside, we have properties with gardens that sadly, are neglected. We are looking for someone who loves the outdoors, to tend to gardens, plant flowers, paint fences and generally tidy round.
We are seeking a volunteer to work independently, have access to a vehicle and be willing to travel to sites that are in need of attention.
- General garden maintenance tasks including pruning, weeding, basic landscaping and plant propagation
- Clearing overgrown areas
- Helping to create an attractive outdoor area
Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Interest in Horticulture/Gardening
- Able to develop good working relationships and communicate effectively
- Approachable – have positive attitude where staff and management feel at ease to approach and discuss in a constructive manner.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others, using common sense to maintain a safe working environment.
- Self-motivated, committed and flexible
- Empathy with Changing Lives values and environment
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
Expected Hours and Times
Monday to Friday 10.00 – 3.00. Hours can be flexible and agreed with staff.
For more information please contact Mark Elliott on 07912225389
To apply please contact Sead Masic Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, E: email@example.com