Wear Recovery has a garden on site that requires ongoing upkeep and development. We are seeking a volunteer to facilitate/co facilitate a gardening group twice per week.
- General garden maintenance tasks including grass cutting/trimming, weeding, hedge trimming, basic landscaping and plant propagation
- Clearing overgrown areas
- Motivating, encouraging and supporting clients to take part in gardening activities
Skills, experience and abilities
- Interest/knowledge in gardening
- Self-motivated, committed and flexible, with ability to listen and follow instructions
- Able to develop good working relationships and to communicate effectively
- Able to work in a team with people of wide ranging ages and abilities.
- Able to work safely without endangering yourself or others, following health and safety requirements to maintain a hazard free environment
- Open minded, with a non-judgemental approach to homelessness, addiction and recovery
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
- Lived experience (desirable)
2 days per week (Wednesday & Thursday) 1.00pm-3.00pm. Volunteers over the age of 18. Appointment subject to satisfactory DBS check.
For more information please contact Hayley Steel, T: 07812663812 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email: email@example.com