The Fells has a large conservation area on site that requires ongoing upkeep and development. In addition we also have an allotment that we can use to grow vegetables. The gardens have been neglected and it would be a great project that can be started from the beginning and to see the results over a period of time.
- General garden maintenance tasks including grass cutting/trimming, weeding, hedge trimming, basic landscaping and plant propagation.
- Clearing overgrown areas
- Helping with our allotment and conservation area
- To motivate, encourage and support residents to take in gardening activities
Skills, experience and abilities
- Interest in Horticulture/Gardening
- Able to handle new experiences and situations
- Able to develop good working relationships and communicate effectively
- Approachable – have positive attitude where staff and management feel at ease to approach and discuss in a constructive manner.
- Ability to listen and follow instructions.
- Ability to work safely and to not endanger yourself or others, using common sense to maintain a safe working environment.
- Able to work in a team with people of wide ranging ages and abilities.
- Self-motivated, committed and flexible
- Open minded, with a non-judgemental approach to addiction and recovery
- Empathy with Changing Lives values and environment
Monday to Friday 10.00 – 4.00
For further information about this role please contact Linda McKie, e: email@example.com ,t: 0191 371 0541
To apply please contact: Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU