Union Terrace is a service within the charity Changing Lives which supports males with housing needs. We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to help our residents get the best out of their sessions at the gym. The ideal applicant would have a keen interest in exercise and preferably a relevant qualification in fitness or exercise.
- Leading gym sessions with residents who have shown an interest in attending the gym
- Assisting residents in the gym, showing the correct use of equipment
- Creating a relaxed and welcoming environment for the residents, allowing them to exercise in comfort
- Encouraging the residents whilst they exercise
- Adapting exercise programmes to fit each individual
Skills, experience and abilities
- To have an interest in physical exercise and the benefits it offers
- Relevant qualification in fitness or exercise, desirable
- Knowledge of gym equipment
- Open-minded with a non-judgemental approach to addiction, homelessness and recovery
- Able to develop good working relationships and communicate effectively
- The ability to deal with clients in a sensitive manner and to have an awareness of their individual needs
- A friendly and approachable manner
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives including a commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
- Ex-service users must have been out of treatment for a minimum of 12 months
The service is open 7 days a week. The availability to do at least one regular session a week (to be discussed at informal chat). You need to attend all training programmes provided. Volunteers over the age of 18.
For more information about the role please contact Emily Elvin on 01904 464680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU.
Email : email@example.com