North Yorkshire Horizons are seeking a volunteer to offer support to people in or around the Northallerton area, who are facing some of the challenges of recovery such as social isolation, loss of independence or lack of motivation and confidence. We would like to find a volunteer to with clients to improve their physical and emotional health, wellbeing and independence.
- Offer support to clients within the recovery community
- Work closely with the clients key workers to design activities that will benefit the individual
- Assist clients to appointments
- Supporting clients back to the gym/ healthy activities
- Encouraging them to lead a healthier lifestyle through delivering one to one group sessions on subjects around nutrition, basic cooking
- Support clients to gain confidence and independence.
- Signpost to events in the local area and community groups/local services
- Play an active role in promoting the service and encourage clients to access and participate in NYH groups.
Skills, experience and abilities
- Good listening, communication, coaching and/or mentoring skills
- To have an understanding of social exclusion
- Ability to support people in achieving their goals
- Ability to signpost people to other services where appropriate
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Commitment to supporting the needs of clients
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to clients
- To manage appropriate boundaries in the relationship
- Reliable, confident, consistent in support of activities and contact with clients
- A caring, empathetic, sensitive manner and a non-judgmental approach
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Sense of fun and ideas for things to do
Monday to Friday. Flexible, to be discussed
For more information, please contact Rebecca Tait. E: Rebecca.Tait@nyhorizons.org.uk, M: 07923236567.
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org