We need volunteers to support the Homeless Hospital Prevention Service, offering support to people leaving hospital across the Sunderland area. Holistic support including supporting clients with multiple and complex needs.
- Liaise with hospital staff regarding discharge-planning for clients with housing needs.
- Take and process referrals
- Accompanying project staff on visits to hospitals / community to support clients
- Completing all required paperwork
- Liaise with supervising staff on a regular basis
- Accompany to other partnership service appointments around health and wellbeing.
- Advocating on behalf of clients to accommodation providers.
Skills, experience and abilities
Due to the complex and sensitive nature of the work in our projects, we will use a short, informal interview to help us explore whether this opportunity is a good fit for new volunteers.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Commitment to supporting the needs of client group
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to the client group
- To manage appropriate boundaries in the relationship
- Reliable, organised, consistent, and have an ability to handle a level of stress
- A caring, sympathetic, sensitive manner and a non judgmental approach
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Professional conduct
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and be a team player
- Knowledge / experience of health systems and services would be beneficial
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives including a commitment to confidentiality
To support between Monday to Friday between 9.00 am till 4.00 pm, hours to suit volunteer. Minimum 2 half-day shifts each week. Over 18s only. Due to funding restraints we would like to have volunteers who live in Sunderland or South Tyneside and are able to commit a minimum of 2 half days per week.
For more information about the role please contact Craig Macbeth, 0191 565 9579, m: 07812 672 755, firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. T: 01914813695
Email : email@example.com