We need volunteers to help the Veteran Support Worker to engage homeless, complex Veterans to explore accommodation options and engage with health and wellbeing services in the community.
- Support homeless, multiple and complex needs veterans
- Assist with group work and activities for veterans
- Support with enquiries, phone calls, attending networking events and paperwork
Skills, experience and abilities
- Must be an ex service member (essential)
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Understanding of the armed forces and issues facing some Veterans.
- Experience of homelessness, addiction, mental health issues preferred but not essential
- Interest in supporting hard to reach clients
- Reliable, organised, consistent, committed and have an ability to handle a level of stress
- Ability to adhere to Health and Safety policies and procedures
Office open 9-5 pm Monday-Friday. Minimum expected commitment is two half days per week.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org