This role is to volunteer with Halton and Brennan Lodge and to support individuals to move-on to the local community. This involves working closely with our team to support with referrals to housing providers and private landlords and actively engaging with individuals to address barriers and help them to sustain their tenancies.
- Look for appropriate accommodation
- Look for start-up pack and any grants/funding
- Have a coffee, chat, food with individuals and gain a deeper understanding of their barriers
- Attend appropriate appointments with individuals such as benefits, hospital, GP, Mental Health etc.
- Complete all relevant paperwork required
- Liaise with Resettlement Worker on a daily basis
Skills, Experience and Abilities
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Commitment to supporting the needs of this vulnerable section of the community.
- Ability to sensitively and appropriately relate to this section of society.
- To manage appropriate boundaries in the professional relationship.
- Reliable, organised, consistent, and have an ability to handle a certain degree of stress.
- A caring, empathetic, sensitive manner and a non-judgmental person centred approach.
To support Monday to Friday between 10.00 am till 5.00 pm
For more information please contact: Don Owen, Don.Owen@changing-lives.org.uk, Tel:01928 591680
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU Email: firstname.lastname@example.org