The Fells is a Changing Lives residence for people who are experiencing housing and addiction difficulties. We are seeking a volunteer coach who can help people we support to improve their IT skills. By learning to understand and use technology, their confidence, self-esteem and well-being will improve and it will allow them to stay connected with our projects, family and friends.
- Educating people we support about the latest technology
- Planning and preparing sessions
- Leading technology workshops which will cover basic functionality of all of popular hardware, e.g. Laptops, PCs, Smartphones and applications such as Email, Facebook, Skype/FaceTime, Zoom, Teams, Internet Search, Photos, Texting, Shopping, etc.)
- Encouraging and monitoring the progress of participants
Skills, experience and abilities
- To be familiar with technology and understand how to use basic applications, but do not need to have an in-depth knowledge of all devices
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of being able to build and sustain effective working relationships with people we support, staff and volunteers
- To be proactive, helpful and to assist anyone that may fall behind or have questions
- To demonstrate patience and courtesy when working with people
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work with a wide range of age groups and ability levels
- Open minded, with a non-judgemental approach to homelessness, addiction and recovery
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
Project is open 7 days per week. Volunteering days and hours to be agreed at informal chat
Other relevant information
Volunteers over the age of 18. Appointment subject to satisfactory DBS check.
For more information, please contact Sharon Brown, E: email@example.com T: 0191 371 0541.
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org