IT Volunteer will help people we support and volunteers to improve their IT skills. When they understand and use technology this increases their confidence, self-esteem and well-being, and allows them to stay connected with our projects, family and friends.
- Educating volunteers and people we support about the latest technology
- Planning and preparing sessions
- Organising workshops which will cover basic functionality of all of the popular technology Laptops, PCs, Smartphones, and applications such as Email, Facebook, Skype/Face Time, Zoom, Teams, Internet & Searching, Photos, Texting, Shopping, etc.)
- Encourage and monitor the progress
Skills, experience and abilities
- Excellent communication skills and evidence of being able to build and sustain effective working relationships with people we support, staff and volunteers.
- To be familiar with technology and understand how to use basic applications, but do not need to have an in-depth knowledge of all devices
- To be a proactive, helpful and to assist anyone that may fall behind or have questions
- To demonstrate patience and courtesy when working with people
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work with all age groups and ability levels.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing needs and priorities
- Passionate about inclusive practice and equality of opportunity
- Commitment to the protection/safeguarding of all (people we support and volunteers)
We need a female volunteer over the age of 18. 2- 3 hours per week/fortnight between the hours of 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. Monday to Friday.
For more information please contact Carmelle Harold, Email: email@example.com, T: 01302 309819
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org