We are going to offer a safe space for people who may find themselves in need of help and advice during busy times in the city centre. This will be in the evenings when the town has large events. At a time of distress this will be a friendly and warm space for people to access, take time to assess how they are and return home safely.
- Encourage people to take some time to rest and offer safe options for taking care of themselves and if needed returning home
- To have a chat with people and gain an understanding of immediate issues and offer support where possible or request support from the team
- Volunteering late at nights, helping the team to provide a friendly environment, refreshments and a safe space to relax
- Record brief details of interactions and support offered
Skills, experience and abilities
- Friendly and approachable manner, and a good sense of humour
- Able to work as part of a team with good communication and listening skills
- Open-minded, with a non-judgemental approach
- Able to keep calm under pressure
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives, including a commitment to confidentiality
Late evenings during peak events/ times in the year in Doncaster city centre. We estimate this would only be for approximately 10 nights over the year from 20.00 until 02.00. These times could change due to the events and there would not be an expectation to attend all events and all hours.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.