Union Terrace is a service within the charity Changing Lives which supports individuals experiencing homelessness. As a Reception Volunteer you will be the welcoming face for the service. The role will require you to provide cover for the reception, greeting visitors, answering the telephone and being a friendly face for the residents to chat to as they enter and leave the building.
- Greeting visitors to the service
- Welcoming service users
- Answering the telephone and taking messages
- General administrative tasks when required, filing, photocopying and printing
Skills, experience and abilities
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Open-minded with a non-judgemental approach to addiction, homelessness and recovery
- To have awareness of working in a confidential setting
- Reliable, organised and able to keep calm under pressure
- Experience in any aspect of office work or reception is beneficial but not essential
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives including a commitment to confidentiality
- A good sense of humour
- Ex-service users must have been out of treatment for a minimum of 12 months
The availability to do at least one shift per week. Either on a Tuesday or a Thursday. Hours to be discussed at interview.
For more information about the role please contact Emily Elvin on 07812 663813, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU Email: email@example.com