Union Terrace is a service within the charity Changing Lives which supports individuals experiencing homelessness. As a Reception Volunteer you will be the welcoming face for the service. The role will require you to provide cover for the reception, greeting visitors, answering the telephone and being a friendly face for the residents to chat to as they enter and leave the building.
- Greeting visitors to the service
- Welcoming service users
- Answering the telephone and taking messages
- General administrative tasks when required, filing, photocopying and printing
Skills, experience and abilities
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Open-minded with a non-judgemental approach to addiction, homelessness and recovery
- To have awareness of working in a confidential setting
- Reliable, organised and able to keep calm under pressure
- Experience in any aspect of office work or reception is beneficial but not essential
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives including a commitment to confidentiality
- A good sense of humour
- Ex-service users must have been out of treatment for a minimum of 12 months
Every Thursday, either morning or afternoon. Hours to be discussed at interview.
For more information about the role please contact Emily Elvin on 01904 464680, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU Email: email@example.com