We are looking for an enthusiastic volunteer to help our residents get the best out of their sessions at the gym, through virtual instruction sessions on YouTube or by recordings which could be loaded onto a memory stick and screened in our gym.
- Leading exercise sessions for people we support who have shown an interest in attending the gym
- Motivating people while they exercise
- Assisting residents in the gym, by demonstrating the correct use of the equipment
- Providing clear instructions for warm up and cool down
- Explaining the benefits of exercise and encouraging a regular fitness regime
Skills, experience and abilities
- Minimum Level 2 Fitness Instructor (essential)
- Public liability insurance cover (essential)
- Knowledge of gym equipment
- An interest in physical exercise and the benefits it offers
- Able to communicate effectively
- A friendly and approachable manner
- Open-minded with a non-judgemental approach to addiction, homelessness and recovery
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives including a commitment to confidentiality and maintaining professional boundaries
The availability to live stream or record at least one regular session per week or fortnight is required
Other relevant information
Volunteers over the age of 18.
For more information, please contact Sharon Brown, E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 0191 371 0541.
To apply please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU. Email: email@example.com