Union Terrace is a service within the charity Changing Lives which supports males with housing needs. We are looking for a qualified hairdresser to come into our homeless hostel and offer free of charge haircuts to the residents.
- To provide basic haircuts/shave services to the residents
- To provide their own tools
Skills, experience and abilities
- Relevant qualification in hairdressing/barbering
- Being familiar of and following approved codes of practice in hairdressing standards.
- Friendly and approachable manner
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication and listening skills
- Open-minded with a non-judgemental approach to addiction, homelessness and recovery
- Reliable, organised and able to keep calm under pressure
- A commitment to the aims and principles of Changing Lives including a commitment to confidentiality
- A good sense of humour
- Ex-service users must have been out of treatment for a minimum of 12 months.
The service is open 7 days a week. The availability to do a regular slot – this may be weekly /fortnightly /monthly but will be discussed at interview.
For more information about the role please contact Emily Elvin on 01904 464680 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, 10th Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU Email: email@example.com