We need volunteers for counselling sessions for clients affected by domestic abuse.
- Offering counselling to survivors of Domestic Abuse to work within the ethical framework and quality standards of BACP
- To maintain appropriate client records in line with professional standards and data protection
- To participate in regular individual line management with Changing Lives Counsellor
- To participate in and fund external clinical supervision (A minimum of 1.5 hours per month)
- To attend quarterly counselling team meetings
- To have access to an assigned mentor within the counselling team, for extra support as of when needed
- To participate in training activities and continual personal development as identified in consultation with your line manager
Skills, experience and abilities
- Qualified counsellors: at least a minimum diploma in counselling
- Student counsellors: to be working towards at least a Diploma in counselling, on the final year of their diploma
- An adequate awareness of the therapeutic needs and issues that affect women and men; including physical abuse, sexual abuse, self-harming, suicide and mental health
- Knowledge around Child Protection and Safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Able to maintain appropriate boundaries with clients, staff and other professionals
- Ability to take a non-judgemental approach
- Understanding of confidentiality in a counselling setting.
- Please refer to other counselling/support work/personal experience transferable to working with women with mild to moderate mental health needs within a women’s centre
- Language skills (Urdu, Punjabi) desirable but not essential
Three counselling sessions per week, times to be negotiated. Please let us know about counselling course undertaken/currently undertaking (training establishment, course level and name, counselling approach, course completion date or expected to complete).
For more information please contact: Amina Mangera, Telephone: 01254 311 181, Amina.Mangera@changing-lives.org.uk
To apply for this opportunity please contact Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU, 0191 481 3695.