We need volunteers to help us sort and store food we receive from food partners as well as helping to pick the daily deliveries of food for local charities and community groups. It’s a great work out and all you need is a sturdy pair of hands!
- Working as part of a team to manually sort and store large deliveries of surplus food
- Helping to assemble the daily deliveries of food for local charities and community groups
- Making sure the food is within use by dates and handled safely
- Keep the warehouse neat and tidy
Skills, experience and abilities:
- Able to perform physical tasks including lifting and loading
- Basic literacy and numeracy skills to record quantities and types of food donated
- Work well as part of a team
- Happy to complete tasks independently according to instruction
- Adaptable – managing surplus can be unpredictable so day to day tasks can vary
- Positive, friendly, and enthusiastic about tackling food waste and food poverty
Our warehouse is open Monday to Friday 07:00 – 16:00. Times and dates can be flexible depending on your availability.
For further information about this role please contact Rebecca Ball, Volunteer and Employability Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 07891 537639
To apply please contact: Sead Masic, Changing Lives, Central Office, Unit D13, Marquis Court, Tenth Avenue West, Team Valley, Gateshead, NE11 0RU