A Bed Ahead
Housing and Homelessness
Introduction to Service
We work in partnership with NHS York to provide emergency temporary accommodation for single adults who are experiencing homelessness and being discharged from hospital. Our aim is to prevent rough sleeping and avoidable re-admissions to hospital.
A Bed Ahead supports people to gain access to sustainable accommodation and promotes continued improvement in health.
- Dedicated beds solely for hospital discharges of people who are experiencing homelessness
- A 24/7 single point of access telephone line for NHS staff to make referrals and access advice
- Intensive short-term support to those discharged to the scheme from hospital, focused on health improvement and access to York’s resettlement system
- Support to individuals experiencing homelessness with health issues, facilitating access to appropriate services and timely treatment
- Link work and multi-agency coordination between health and housing services
How to access
Referral only. We normally only accept referrals from NHS staff. Referrals or requests for further information can be made by contacting us on 01904 643 999.
How to contact
Please get in touch using the contact details below.
01904 643 999
Are you eligible?
A Bed Ahead supports single men and women aged 18 and over in the York area.
Not eligible for this service?
Check out our service index below to find all of the services we currently offer which you can filter by location, service type and also by type of referral. Click "I am referring myself, a friend or a family member" to find services you can personally refer to.