Housing and Homelessness
Introduction to Service
Cumberland House provides safe, single room accommodation to women including those fleeing domestic violence, sexual abuse or sexual exploitation. It is a crisis response project that can accommodate 10 women with challenging circumstances, plus two emergency beds. We offer 24-hour support to our residents to help them with day-to-day living and developing their skills and confidence.
- A safe place to stay
- Five single fully furnished flats and one communal area
- 24-hour support from staff on-site
- General advice and guidance on a wide range of issues including abuse, addiction, mental and physical health and family issues
- Signposting and/or referral to specialist services
- Support to move towards independence
How to access
Referrals are via Newcastle Housing Advice Centre which is situated at 112 Pilgrim Street, Newcastle upon Tyne. Telephone: 0191 277 1711.
Out of hours emergency referrals are via Your Homes Newcastle.
Need help now?
If you are in immediate need of help, please contact Newcastle Housing Advice Centre on 0191 277 1711.
How to contact
For general enquiries, you can contact us using the details below or directly to:
Ruth Horn (project lead) - 07923 214832
Alex Maddison (senior support worker) 07706 328369
Are you eligible?
Cumberland House supports women aged 18 and over.