GAP & MAP Project
Women and Children
Introduction to Service
GAP & MAP supports men and women involved in sex work, survival sex and individuals exposed to sexual exploitation.
We provide outreach and in-reach support to engage with people on a one-to-one basis, providing the specialist programmes of care designed in partnership with NTW Mental Health Trust.
- Intensive one-to-one support
- Weekly women’s drop-ins
- Prison in-reach and community integration
- Supporting access and engagement with services to meet immediate needs
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Skills groups and Trauma Focused programmes
- Community integration: Education, training and employment including opportunities for volunteering
- Explore exit routes out of sex work if desired
How to access
People can be referred from a supporting agency, peer, family or self-refer.
Are you eligible?
You are eligible if you are aged 16 and over and living in Northumberland, Newcastle, North Tyneside, Gateshead, Sunderland, South Tyneside or Durham.