Sporting and physical activities
Organising your own cycling, running, swimming or walking challenge is a great way to keep fit and healthy while raising money for Changing Lives. You can choose the route, when and who you do it with. Here are a few steps to plan your sporting fundraiser:
- Let us know what you are doing and when. We will support you throughout and provide you with any materials you may need such as a cycling vest.
- Choose a date(s)- your ride could be for a day or something more adventurous! Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to train and plan your ride.
- Choose a route- visit the Sustrans website for helpful info and an easy way to plan cycle routes. visit the Plot a Route website for helpful info and an easy way to plan running route. Use the Swimmers guide website to find your nearest pool or Wild Swimming for advice on wild swimming. Or you can go to websites such as Kamoot, All Trails or National Trails for helpful info and an easy way to plan running route.
- Get your team together- Doing your fundraiser as team can not only be more fun but also safer. Plus, the bigger your team is, the bigger your network of fundraising support will be!
- Set up your fundraising page- start gathering that vital fundraising by setting up a Just Giving page
- Download your sponsorship form here get those offline donations started.
For more advice and guidance on cycling please visit the Cycling UK website. For more advice and guidance on running please visit the Runners World website. For more advice and guidance on swimming please visit Wild Swimming or Outdoor Swimmer if you are planning to do your swim outdoors. For more advice and guidance on walking please visit Mountain Rescue and check out the responsibilities for visitors to the countryside. If you are planning a larger walking event, please get in touch with our fundraising team so we can support you to organise it safely.