Support Changing Lives through Payroll Giving
Payroll Giving is more tax efficient way for employees to donate to charity; it effectively reduces their taxable income, as well as, enabling the employee to donate more which helps the charity too.
For example, £10 donated via Payroll Giving (pre-tax) equates to £8 contribution from the employee and HMRC effectively contribute £2 as the employee is paying £2 less tax (their taxable income has been reduced). Changing Lives still receives the full £10.* Most schemes offer the flexibility that you can donate to one or more charities, and you can choose to make a one-off donation or set up a regular amount. *It is important to note that some Agency’s offer the service and administration for free, others don’t.
Get in touch with our Corporate Fundraising Manager, Alice Fisher to discuss how you can support Changing Lives through Payroll Giving: 07548 218 139 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits for the Employer
Offering a Payroll Giving Scheme to employees is a great way to further a company’s Corporate and Social Responsibilities visibility. For potential employees / current employees, it also creates positive differentiation for that employer in terms of recruitment and staff retention respectively.
Setting it up is easy.
It is easy to set up and the costs are minimal:
- Register with a payroll giving agency, employers must first set up with an HMRC approved Payroll Giving Agency (3rd party). Here is a list of HMRC approved Agencies: this is not an exhaustive list, other Agencies are available. Always check that your chosen Agency can provide an HMRC approval letter.
- Promote your payroll giving scheme to your staff
- Deduct employees’ donations from the salary using your usual payroll software
- Send employee names and donation amounts to your agency
- Changing Lives and any other nominated charities receive your donations via the agency