Residents Information - My CMS

Residents Information

Currently living in one of our properties? Here’s some useful information to keep you safe, secure and protected in your home.

  If you smell gas

If you smell gas in your home, contact the National Gas Emergencies Number immediately on 0800 111 999.

  Report a repair

In an emergency: If you are a tenant with an emergency repair to report after 4.30pm during the week, or on a weekend/bank holiday, please contact our emergency repair team: 07570 197 181.

Monday to Friday: Contact our Homelife Housing Officers on 07814 218 622 (Alan Kelly) or 07812 663 822 (John Halliday).

  Pay rent

If you have any concerns or questions about paying your rent, contact our Homelife Housing Officers on 07814 218 622 (Alan Kelly) or 07812 663 822 (John Halliday).

  Fire safety

For information about keeping yourself and your home safe from fire, visit the website of your local fire service and follow them on social media. Learn more about our fire safety campaign.

  Utility bills

It is your responsibility to decide who supplies your home with gas, electricity and other services. You can find impartial advice by using an online comparison website.

  Annual gas inspection

It is a legal requirement for Homelife (TCUK) to check gas heating appliances every year.

Tenants will be notified by Homelife of the inspection appointment, generally one or two weeks prior to the inspection date.

It is very important that these checks are carried out, so if the appointment needs to be rearranged the tenant should contact his / her housing officer without delay.

  Contents insurance

Although Changing Lives insures the buildings and some contents provided by us, tenants’ own possessions are not covered by our insurance policy.

It is strongly recommended that tenants take out insurance for their own possessions to cover the cost of replacing them if they are stolen or damaged / destroyed because of an accident.

You can compare the price of contents insurance online by visiting comparison websites.

  TV Licence

The rent does not include a TV licence. It is the tenant’s responsibility to arrange and pay for a TV licence if there is a television in the property. For more information, please visit the TV Licensing website.

  Electrical Checks

Similar to annual Gas checks, we undertake inspections of electrical installations in our properties.

Every property should be inspected by a qualified electrician every 5 years to check that the electrics are satisfactory. In practice, this means that we undertake a sample of inspections each year so that all of our properties have valid certificates in place.

Rather like the Gas checks we need our residents to allow access and our Housing Officers will write to them to give advance warning that a contractor will be calling to carry out an inspection.

Join the TCUK waiting list

If you would like to join the waiting list for a TCUK home, please contact TCUK Homes today.

Contact TCUK