Changing Lives is a national, registered charity which provides specialist support for thousands of vulnerable people and their families, every month. Through our pioneering and innovative work we support people to make positive, lasting changes in their lives.
Changing Lives has recently been awarded a Reaching Communities grant by the Big Lottery Fund for a 3 year project “Iris” which is based in the West Midlands working across Walsall and Wolverhampton.
The IRIS Project and the Evaluation Support
Iris addresses the complex needs of women sex-working in these areas, prioritising the most immediate issues identified in our research (violence/exploitation and addiction).
We are currently looking to tender for the evaluation of the Iris service in Walsall and Wolverhampton, West Midlands.
The purpose of the research and evaluation of the project is to:
- Evidence the impact of long term relationship based service with women and the risk to this work that inconsistencies as a result of short-term funding and break in service can have.
- Evidence the impact of social and economic changes are having (numbers of women returning to sex work / older women working again, migrant sex workers etc.)
- Evidence the growth of off street and net-reach working and the changes in risk to the women.
- Explore long term mental / physical health deterioration as a result of long term trauma and reduced engagement with services.
Alongside with the project delivery outcomes we are evidencing as part of our Reaching Communities, we feel the above outcomes would:
- Provide on-going evaluation of the operating model to support Changing
Lives to be flexible, responsive and continuously improve delivery
- Provide evidence to commissioners and strategic partners about the
impact of the project in reducing the above outcomes for women presenting with needs around sex work, sexual exploitation and survival sex work.
The IRIS team are looking to appoint a suitable partner to deliver the service for around 22 months commencing February 2019 through to end of December 2020.
Interested parties who believe they have the right skills and experience to deliver such a service and would like to receive a copy of the tender documents should register their interest as follows:
You should quote your contact name, telephone number and email address.
It is anticipated that the invitation to tender will be issued electronically to interested parties on 7 January 2019. Any change to the proposed date will be notified accordingly.